DEPARTMENT: ADMINISTRATION – ENGINEERING
JOB TITLE: UTILITY LOCATOR
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, determines the precise location of high pressure and distribution gas mains and service lines, water mains and service lines, underground electric transmission/distribution lines and services, fiber optic cables, and other related components as necessary to ensure against the destruction of personal property, personal injury and the loss of gas, water, electrical system operations. Performs related work as required. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by three years of experience in gas, water, or electrical system maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must become Operator Qualified according to the Department of Transportation and Office of Pipeline Safety Operator Qualification rule within one year of hire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Determines the precise location of high pressure and distribution gas mains and service lines, water mains and service lines, underground electric transmission/distribution lines and services, fiber optic cable as well as critical gas and water valves, transformers, and regulator stations in order to prevent the destruction of gas, water, and electrical system operations and personal property, and to prevent personal injury.
• Assists all utilities departments with mapping duties, determining precise measurements of new lines, extensions, gas valves, and the size of lines.
• Assists in locating fiber optics lines.
• Communicates problems and concerns to the immediate supervisor.
• Participates in the maintenance of positive customer relations.
• Prepares records and forms as required with accuracy and in a timely manner.
• Acquires data for input into CPW’s GIS system.
• Verifies existing GIS data in the field and notes discrepancies to GIS department. Creates red-line edits to the GIS data.
• Operates a vehicle, pipe locator, line locators, valve box locator, GIS field locator unit, Tablet Personal Computer, two-way radio and telephone; utilizes mechanic’s tools, measuring devices and various other hand and power tools.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, customers, utility contractors, other government agencies, and the general public.
• Submits positive response to the SC811 portal.
JOB GRADE: Grade 12 ($43,965 – $61,551)
CONTACT: Angie Simpson, HR Director
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job please visit jobapps.hrdirectapps.com.