DEPARTMENT: WATER TREATMENT PLANT
JOB TITLE: SCADA/ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
Under regular supervision, maintains the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) to ensure safe, efficient, uninterrupted water service to customers. Attends the required training courses for the SCADA system software and hardware components. Learns on–the-job to repair existing electrical and mechanical equipment at the water treatment plant and elevated storage tanks. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on SCADA system components, electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment. Performs other technical and administrative work as required. Performs skilled work as required. Reports to the Water Plant Superintendent.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires an associate degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, HVAC systems, or water/wastewater treatment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must have two years’ experience in water/wastewater treatment plus on-the-job training. Must obtain required certifications within one year of employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Conducts SCADA System Management for the water treatment plant to include the following components:
Human-Machine interface (HMI); maintenance of computer system and monitors used in the control room; includes historian duties, reporting of data from daily operations.
• Conducts programming for Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) for proper operation in data collection and data archiving. Troubleshoots water plant systems detected by PLC such as chemical feed systems, pumping systems, and de-watering systems.
• Monitors instrumentations to include transmitters, tank level indicators, water quality instruments such as pH chlorine residual, turbidity and calcium hardness monitors; flow meters, pressure meters, streaming current meters.
• Conducts oversight of network systems including the Ethernet network; troubleshoots for fiber optic cable; troubleshoots for water plant and elevated tanks within the distribution system.
• Performs electrical maintenance to include repair and troubleshooting of motor controls for 208 volts-480 volts; soft start motor controls for 208 volts-2400 volts and AC drives, 208 volts-480 volts.
• Monitors lighting systems and valve actuators.
• Installs new equipment for startups to include conduit, wiring, and wiring terminations.
• Performs HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Performs mechanical maintenance for electrical requirements for water treatment processes, motors, pumps, etc.
• Performs mechanical maintenance for PVC piping systems, HVAC systems, elevated tanks to include altitude valves, valve actuators, water quality instrumentation and SCADA interface, etc.
• Communicates water plant activities and concerns to the Water Plant Superintendent.
• Operates a range of plant and laboratory equipment and tools, including but not limited to chlorinators, ammoniators, pumps, filters, valves, feeders, clarifiers, mixers, flocculators, generators, flow transmitters, storage tanks, overhead crane, leak detectors, self-contained breathing apparatus, respirator, two-way radio, computer, incubator, water bath, vacuum pump, filter funnel, turbidimeters, meters, analyzers, microscopes, various hand and power tools, etc.
• Uses tools such as fluke meters, HART communicators, power tools, welders, grinders, etc.
• Maintains and repairs motors, pumps, electrical controls, AC drives, valve actuators, chemical feeds, etc.
• Maintains hardware such as servers, personal computers, monitors, network switches, PLC and fiber optic cable, etc.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, other department/CPW supervisors and employees, customers, City/County personnel, sales representatives, and the general public.
JOB GRADE: Grade 17 (51,932 – 72,705)
CONTACT: Angie Simpson, HR Director
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job please visit jobapps.hrdirectapps.com.