Website Greenwood CPW
Your Neighbors Working For You
JOB OPENING NOTICE
JOB TITLE: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, operates heavy equipment as required for the installation and maintenance of CPW gas systems; performs various system maintenance duties. Reports to the Transmission and Distribution Supervisor
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one to two years of experience in equipment operations and/or gas system installation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Requires possession of a CDL license within 6 months of employment. Must become Operator Qualified according to the Department of Transportation and Office of Pipeline Safety Operator Qualification rule, within one year of hire date.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operates a backhoe, boom truck, back fill tractor, plow and trencher as needed for the installation, maintenance and repair of gas mains and service lines; exercises caution to avoid damage to any underground utilities.
- Operates a vehicle, trailer, dump truck, and a wide variety of machinery and equipment, including a boring machine, jack hammer, wacker tamp, roller, air compressor, flame pak, pipe horn, fusion equipment, threaders, etc., as well as various hand and power tools and supplies as necessary for daily tasks.
- Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs regulator stations.
- Installs taps, valves and gas stops.
- Detects and repairs gas leaks.
- Tests, maintains and/or repairs gas system components, such as main line extensions and service lines.
- Performs directional boring as needed.
- May transport equipment required for daily tasks from one site to another.
- Detects and reports any unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintains assigned equipment, vehicles and tools.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work performed; prepares valve cards to record location and description of work performed.
- Performs work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes, and standards of safety and quality.
- Participates in the maintenance of positive customer relations.
- Works on call as scheduled for emergencies.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, customers, contractors, utility companies, City/County personnel, and the general public.
JOB GRADE: Grade 12 ($43,965 – $61,551)
CONTACT: Angie Simpson, HR Director
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job please visit jobapps.hrdirectapps.com.