JOB TITLE: CREWMAN
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under regular supervision, assists in the installation and maintenance of the CPW gas system; performs various gas system maintenance duties. Operates heavy machinery as required. Reports to the Gas Construction and Regulatory Compliance Supervisor.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one year of general mechanical maintenance and repair experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Requires possession of a CDL license within six months
of employment. Must become Operator Qualified according to the Department of Transportation and Office of Pipeline Safety Operator Qualification rule, within one year of hiring.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assists with the installation of new gas lines and maintenance of existing gas lines.
• Repairs and maintains valves, regulators, steel lines and other gas system components.
• Performs butt fusing in the repair of plastic pipes.
• Operates a computer, printer, tablet, copier, cell phone, two-way-radio, etc.
• Assists in the performance of directional boring as needed.
• Backfills and cleans up job sites.
• Operates a backhoe, boom truck, back fill tractor, plow and trencher as needed for the installation, maintenance and repair of gas mains and service lines; exercises caution to avoid damage to any underground utilities.
• Operates a vehicle, dump truck, and a wide variety of machinery and equipment, including a boring machine, jack hammer, roller, air compressor, line locators, fusion equipment, threaders, etc., as well as various hand and power tools and supplies as necessary for daily tasks.
• Maintains assigned equipment, vehicles and tools.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work performed.
• Performs work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes, and standards of safety and quality.
• Participates in the maintenance of positive customer relations.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, other supervisors and employees, customers, and the general public.
JOB GRADE: Grade 9 ($37,003 – $51,805)
CONTACT: Angie Simpson, HR Director
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job please visit jobapps.hrdirectapps.com.