JOB TITLE: CLASS A, B or C GAS TECHNICIAN
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under occasional supervision, performs maintenance and repair work on customer-owned gas appliances and equipment; responds to and repairs gas and carbon monoxide leaks. Performs related technical work as required. Reports to the Gas Services Supervisor.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent, plus successful completion of approved coursework/training in gas maintenance and repair work, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must become Operator Qualified according to the Department of Transportation and Office of Pipeline Safety Operator Qualification rule, within one year of hire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Repairs gas equipment and appliances owned by industrial, commercial and residential customers; troubleshoots electric ignition systems, hot surface ignition systems, computer boards and electrical circuits.
• Detects and reports gas and carbon monoxide leaks.
• Connects gas lines to equipment; sets meters as necessary.
• Coverts appliances from propane-fired to natural gas-fired.
• Installs, removes and maintains gas meters; maintains regulators.
• Inspects gas-fired equipment and related installations to ensure compliance with code requirements.
• Performs all work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes, and standards of safety and quality.
• Participates in the maintenance of positive customer relations.
• Works on call as scheduled.
• Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits various records and reports including work orders, leak reports, warning tags, vehicle inspection records, logs, etc.
• Operates a company truck, leak detector, tablet computer, copier, two-way radio and telephone; utilizes pressure gauge, mechanic’s tools, meters, measuring devices and various other hand and power tools.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, customers, emergency response agencies, contractors, sales representatives, and the general public.
JOB GRADE: Grade 11, 13 or 15 ($41,644 – $71,297) grade/pay based on level of experience
CONTACT: Angie Simpson, HR Director
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job please visit jobapps.hrdirectapps.com.