Identifying a CPW Employee
Occasionally, CPW may send employees or authorized contractors to your home to perform meter work or some other service. Please be reminded of the following safety tips to protect yourself and your family.
- If you ever question whether the person is a legitimate representative of CPW, ask to see their CPW employee identification badge, and contact us to verify their identity and reason for the visit.
- Always ask for identification.
- In some instances, representatives from private companies may be working in your area on behalf of CPW. If they do not have an official identification card, ask for their name and reason for their visit, then contact CPW to verify the information.
- Do not let anyone into your home unless you have verified his/her identity or you have scheduled the visit through CPW in advance.
- Call police immediately if you believe the person is an imposter.
- CPW does not sell products and services door-to-door and does not charge customers for tree trimming work performed in your area.